Saturday, June 07, 2008

I forgot a line I forgot a line. Albeit one of my least favourite (down to its pointlessness) lines: "And you will never be received in my house again." Stating the obvious rather, given the rest of the scene in which I discover him with a whore and almost confront but then relent and forgive him.

As ever, Matt coped admirably. He blinked, slightly frightened. And then jumped to the line after the incorrect cue. Commendable. And he almost growled some of his final lines (long after I'm dead). At least as far as I could tell from the stage intercom thing.

According to which, I was panting like a dog during my kissing scene and shriller than ever in my being dumped scene (according also to Esther). I'm not sure I like to trust this stage intercom scene. Maybe it distorts people too much.

I did however manage to faint without the Olympic swimmer gesture. Be grateful for small mercies.

Cheered up on the night bus (taken in a mix of laziness and stubbornness) by a couple of tailend-of-teenagers discussing strippers.

"I'd love to go to a stripper but I just can't afford it."

"You need to get yourself a burd, mate. Make them strip off and dance for you. Just as good and it doesn't cost you."

"But I dunno. If you ask them early days, they think you're saying that they're a durty slut."

"Need to give it a couple of months, mate. Then you can ask them."

And so it went on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home