Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I also blog at work. It started to show willing and now has become something of an obsession as no other bastard tends to bother so I add it to my list of things to worry about - god forbid that an advertising agency has a blog that isn't kept up to date - and try and write some rubbishy tenuously-connected-to-my-job post now and again. Unfortunately I can rarely think of anything clever so end up blogging about things I have eaten or Alan's inability to clean out the tank of his / the department's fish.

Some months back - in June to be specific - I wrote a brief review of the Edinburgh College of Art End of Year show. Most of it, to my humble mind, was pretty rubbishy. But I was very taken with the work of one particular guy, Kristian Evju, who did a mix of rather lovely paintings and illustrations. So I wrote about this on the work blog.

I noticed the other day in passing that we had some thousands of comments on the work blog. So I started pottering through past posts to find out what they were. And indeed, most of it was spam. However, to my surprise and delight, Kristian Evju had somehow or other discovered my post and thanked me for coming to see his show. The miracle of the internet. So I promptly emailed him, hoping this would charm him into giving me a fine painting for free in gratitude.

Unsurprisingly, it did not. But he did point me towards a more regularly upkept blog of his. So I shall pay close attention to this. Maybe he'll have a January sale...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home