Friday, June 15, 2007

I almost passed out when my actress walked through the door of the rehearsal rooms.

Last time I saw her, she had shoulder length hair. Pretty unexceptional but pretty, you know. On Wednesday night, it had been sliced. She has a fabulous geometric haircut. All cropped on one side and a lovely diagonal slice of hair on the other. It looks marvellous. But it hadn't quite been what I'd expected.

In my overwrought state, I almost snapped out "how have you had your hair cut without checking with me first?" But luckily I held back. And of course as we read the script, the boys talk about how their (dead) beloved had "funny hair" and how this new beloved is eerily reminiscent of her. So it actually works beautifully.

Small control freak.

2 Comments:

Blogger Startled.viewer said...

Had she read the script then, (unlike the director it would seem), and cut accordingly?

9:33 am  
Blogger imw said...

Of course the director had read the script numbskull.
At this stage she's moulding the overall structure to be able to realise her concept. Broad strokes for now, she'll pick up on fine details like "funny hair" later.
Actors on the other hand worry from the word go about their little corner of the dramatic whole.

9:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home