Tuesday, February 12, 2019

So I think I have a bit of a cast which is exciting. 

For obscure and not even clear to me reasons, I find it hard to keep track of them all. There is some doubling which I guess muddies the waters.

But we seem to have ended up with seventeen 'actors' who may also sing and a bonus three people to swell the ranks of the choir. 

It's been as shoogly as casting a big show always is. And the rehearsal schedule is even more of a nightmare. But it's filling up my otherwise dull February nights so for that, I should certainly be grateful.

Now I'm frantically reading because I'm terrified that the actors (or singers) will ask me a complicated historical question that I can't answer. This was great fun though he necessarily only devoted about four pages to Joan. I felt compelled (interested enough)  to read the whole thing nonetheless. 

And then I have Caitlin to thank for podcasts. How Do You Explain Joan of Arc? was great fun and nicely potted.  Ive just started a terrifying thing which consists of four episodes that are two hours long each. I wonder how long this would be in book terms. Anyway, the guy has just considerately explained to me why the French persist in calling their princes dolphins (dauphins). This has been puzzling me for a long time so for that alone, I am hooked and endebted.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home