Thursday, February 22, 2018

Fifteen people came to the reading. FIFTEEN!

I couldn't believe it. Imagine fifteen people being bothered / interested enough to give up pyjamas and hot chocolate to drag themselves out to not quite toasty rehearsal rooms to listen to some woman fetching on about her thoughts about the plight of womankind (albeit through the voice boxes of others). 

To be strictly fair, one of them was Mother who I'm certain felt duty bound. (The plight of woman in action.) But notwithstanding, I am honoured and humbled and touched.

It was excellent to hear it read aloud. And more excellent was the subsequent chat about how it all hung together. As ever, it's extremely useful to get constructive feedback and now I can go chop chop chop and edit some more. 

Interestingly, it ran at 1 hour and 8 minutes. I'm after an hour and twenty. They read like the wind so I think I might even have a couple of spare minutes to play with. Luxury. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home