Monday, October 02, 2017

Poor silent blog. So September has passed in what felt like a bit of a whirlwind. Travelling with work and busy weekends and time has just eaten itself up. Last night, I finally opened a birthday present that I was given four months ago. Four months and a few days actually as I was given it the night we went to see A Band Called Quinn in the slightly weird Music Is Torture at the Traverse. And that was approx 27 May. Anyway, it was worth the wait. 

But I had a whole day yesterday of not very much. Awfully, by tea time, I was teen-style bored. But I did have the pleasure of reading the script for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. I knew John Tiffany was involved and I knew JK was involved but I haven't been quite sure that I wanted to spend the necessary great deal of money to buy a ticket for it. Particularly as it's in two parts and it's in London. (And shortly Broadway, I gather.)

I went to the library in quest of a couple of vaguely shameful books that I also don't think I should buy. They had neither but they did have the Cursed Child so I snatched it up and read it this weekend. And I hadn't realised that Jack Thorne, he of Let The Right One In (theatre adaptation) fame, had written the script. Part One left me a little underwhelmed beyond all the beautiful shock of who had paired off with who. But Part Two made up for it. A story with soul and heart. Just what you want on a September / October weekend full of rain. (I'm still quite glad I saved the ticket money though!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home