Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'd like to be in three places at once this Thursday evening.

Carelessly, spendthriftily, I bought a ticket weeks ago for a preview of SmallWar at the Traverse. My first Fringe foray.

On Monday, I got an email from the Head of Communications at the International Festival saying that Eve (thank you, Eve!) at the NTS had suggested she invite me to an event they're running, presumably for journalists but they're also inviting bloggers, previewing their Festival programme. Would I like to come? It's on Thursday evening. I wanted to weep. But wrote back parsimoniously explaining my existing ticket situation and thanking her but reluctantly declining.

On Tuesday, I got an invite from the NTS inviting Five Minute Theatre Makers and a guest to the Tin Forest in Glasgow. Puppets. Regular people. Graham McLaren. Kieran Hurley. Some wonderful disused building - the South Rotunda I think which even somehow sounds romantic. I've been following this great and glorious endeavour on twitter and it looks exquisite and extraordinary. It's on Thursday night. I could have wept again.

I haven't received Wednesday's invite to something rare and remarkable (I'm not sure if The List party counts) but no doubt, it's on its way to torment me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home