Monday, April 09, 2012

I had a bit of a romantic moment with myself yesterday. And I'm still hugging it to myself today.

Six Degrees wound to its end on Saturday night. On account of FOH issues, I didn't get to watch it in its entirety again (I would've liked the hat trick) but I pottered happily about the theatre for 'act' one and then snuck into the auditorium for 'act' two.

From the looks of the second half, they did another cracking show. And then the tearing it all out swung into action. Which must have been accomplished, including sofa redelivery time, in a couple of hours.

And then the After Show party. The thanking of the director (and director's assitant!). David's beautiful living room. Seventeen bright eyed and (mostly) bushy tailed cast members. Assorted backstage people. Assorted hangers on. Ross and Emma squirming slightly - as you do - at being suddenly attended to.

And I had a "look what we've achieved" moment. All of these people. All of these other real day (and night) jobs. All these theses and other shows and hangovers and batches of fudge and long nights sitting and waiting and gathering sound effects and ebaying and emailing people and people and people and acting and line learning and masterpiece painting and tassle sewing. And all of that effort and all of that love gives us this one marvellous thing.

We all (you all) did that. Amazing.

Biggest hats off to Ross. A cracking debut, sir. We hope for more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home