Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Now I don't know if I'd be so bold as to give One Man, Two Guvnors, a National Theatre production just transferred to the King's Theatre, five stars.

But I would give it four and a half.

I love a good farce. And this, though not featuring as much underwear as might classically cross the stage in a farce, is a superb job.

Now vehemently disliking celebrity appearances on well-trodden floorboards, I didn't expect to relish James Corden's performance. But to my discrete shame, he did rather steal the show. I don't think the director should have let him get away with it. But as (s)he did, I can only be happy that he was so sparklingly smartly brilliant.

Do what you must for a ticket. If you have any time at all for a farce, you shan't be disappointed.

1 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

I wasn't bothered by the celebrity appearance because I didn't know he was a celebrity. I've never heard of him.

3:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home