Monday, August 17, 2009

Well well. The day of days.

The run-through was close to perfect yesterday. If you added in a little extra dose of feeling and heartfeltness, that is. Which will come with the adrenalin so I don't need to worry about that. Jo did a near perfect rendition of Old Man's lines. I could have kissed him. But erred on the side of proper cast / director fraternisation (a real word??).

Then the tech. The venue is lovely. Specifically the theatre space we're in. A lovely steep enough to have great sight lines rake on the seats. They've taped black floor stuff over most of the floor so it's a proper little (mostly) black theatre space with the curtains. Father seems satisfied with the lights. The sound worked eventually. But on account of all the fussing and uncertainties, we had rather less time to actually run any of the play than I wouldda hoped. But that, after all, is surely what a first night is for (??!).

Like a disgusting pig, I got a takeaway when I got home for hmmm let me think the fourth night in a row. My ambition for today is to cook a real meal.

And then delightful Karen just called me with the rather happy news that we've sold 50 tickets for tonight. Given that we were sat at 40 at about 1 in the morning according to the Fringe ticketing system, this rather suggests that either the fringe ticketing system is rather flawed or tickets are selling like the proverbial toasty hot cakes. I know which I would rather believe...

So we appear to be all set for a rather storming first night. Wish us luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home