Sunday, April 26, 2009

Great excitement yesterday. The Man At The Bus Stop was at the other bus stop. (Bear in mind that this was a Saturday.) And boarded the bus ahead of me. I assumed he would sit on the lower deck as when double decker buses used to run the route to work, this was his habit. However, on this day, I found him on the top deck. Sitting next to someone.

If I had a better memory, I might recollect whether or not he was sat next to the same chap that he’d been with in my local pub however long ago. But my memory is weak so it may or may not have been the same man. But the likelihood is that he has a close relationship with whoever it was as The Man At The Bus Stop drew out a small book as soon as he sat down (next to the other chap) and began to read. The other fellow chatted to him now and again but largely he read. Till they disembarked. So some small excitement.

And someone won the Scottish Final. The Kirkton Players I think. With a cracking production of Two by Jim Cartwright. Luckily for me, it was performed on the Sat night so I caught it. It was very well deserved – in my humble opinion. Tryst came second so do not go through to the British final. Mean ha! I sold all my icecreams so that was my small personal triumph from the night. And as the buffet was oversubscribed, we peculiarly ended the night eating kebabs in Tollcross. You couldn’t have wished for a more glamourous finish to the night. Richard Wilson would have been proud.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home