Friday, February 20, 2009

Well well well. We had the tech last night. The usual frantic dash through making sure everything worked properly, making sure it all looked pretty, admiring JGH's workmanship and trying to run the play. All in an hour. In fact, in our case, one minute under.

I also vitally (at last - hurrah!) returned the trophy, engraved, faithfully collected the day before. We even carried 9 boxes of paper into some storeroom or other in the hopes of accumlating more points but I don't know if this will count in our favour.

JGH has done an exceptionally fine job. Moody and steely and a bit of a light streaming through a window effect and a little flourescenty tubey thing to cement (to my mind anyway) the idea that this indeed is a prison cell. For obviously, prisons and my father's kitchen are the only places that such light fixtures exist.

Given that we got our table and chairs from St Serfs, the only other contribution that I have made to the presentation of the play is arranging for Russell to collect the filing cabinet of Iain Kerr's neighbour and then requesting its delivery at a time complementary to the tech slot.

It's a fairly lazy production from a technical point of view. I start the CD player thrice. JGH turns the lights on at the start and more or less doesn't touch them til he turns them off at the end. The scenery takes perhaps 90 seconds to arrange. It's a very portable production...

So now I'm in that happy full of anticipation state where I don't have any lines to worry about. I need only fret about whether or not the audience will take offence at the foul tongued text and walk out. But I think my cast would quite like that. Anyway, we shall see.

Good luck everybody. I think they'll be brilliant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home