Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Caught a trashy movie last night, Wanted. Directed by Timur Bekmambetov and starring James McAvoy and a very beautiful Angelina, it was actually far better than I expected.

Some punter reviews it on the imdb website and says that it was "wantonly executed". I immediately resolved to direct something wantonly in the future. I don't quite know what it means but I like the sound of trying.

Anyway, much of it was your archetypal fighting / slashing /gory shooting stuff. But there were some really lovely touches which elevated it for me above your average Hollywood 'strong language and violent content' movie. Including one sequence relatively early doors featuring a (computer) keyboard and a tooth. I shall leave the pleasure of discovering this moment to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home