Sunday, January 17, 2021

 So. A bit of playing catch up. 

shrapnel was, from a personal point of view, better value for money than a series of sessions of expensive counselling. At last, after months of indolence, we were making something. I had a little team of co-creators again. And it was all a bit weird as every bit of it happened online. (That's not quite true. I had two lovely coffees with Jennie to talk costumes while we were permitted.) But it was still recognisably theatre.

We learnt tonnes. Zoom theatre looks boring quite quickly. Keep it short(ish). (Which I'm defiantly ignoring with this next one.) Connections to wifi are everything. We live streamed it to YouTube. The greatest terror was maybe even the first night when one actor's connection dropped out altogether about 5 minutes before the show started. Poor woman. Navigating 'entrances' and 'exits' and trying to keep the cost down via open source software and a phenomenal labour of love from my dad was constantly suspenseful. And I wonder if it's any easier for professional theatre people - or just different. 

Here are the reviews if you'd like to peruse. They're pretty fair and all in all, given it was a brand new out of everyone's comfort zone endeavour, I think they're pretty positive. I'm really proud of it - and that's all you can ask, I think. 

But ever restless, I concocted a notion for a follow up project before shrapnel had drawn its first public breath. Wistfully thinking we'd see an end to all of these pesky restrictions by the spring, I'm rushing it out in February so watch this space. 

We're being rather more ambitious this time so we shall, at least, learn more along the way. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home