Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Stantons did their last concert for a little while last night.

Bad Girl wasn't there.

I hated missing it. I love seeing them play. Irrespective of the fact that I'm lucky enough to consider core components of the band as my very good friends, I love their music. And their performances are always cracking fun.

But torn and conflicted, last night also saw the tenth birthday celebration of The Child. And I've been attending these celebrations since they began.

This year's commenced with Sherlock Holmes whatever this one is called at the cinema (yes, yes, I know I've seen it but that wasn't at all the point), was followed up briskly with Frankie and Benny's with the assembled (mostly young) company and then a "sleepover" punctuated with the first Sherlock Holmes and Mean Girls.

I'd firstly fantasised that the cinema might be it so I'd still be able to attend the gig. I then briefly fantasised about sneaking out of the house to attend the gig at an appropriate juncture. But The Child was clearly wise to my lurking sneakery.

She stayed up defiant til 12:45am.

So Stantons, I'm sorry. I hated to miss your (temporary) farewell gig. Please hurry and record your album so I can enjoy your art whensoever I please.

And Child, (as DKPW would say) Respect.

3 Comments:

Blogger the_spiel said...

Ha. Well, recording is now underway, so you may get your wish yet! Gig was fun, but you were missed obviously. We'll be back. Actually Gills and I saw that Sherlock Holmes film on Saturday afternoon at the Omni. It was gubbins, wasn't it? The telly one is much better.

1:39 pm  
Blogger Claire said...

I've only watched the TV version once. (On Sunday night, in fact.) And I did like Mr Cumberbatch. But afraid I think I prefer Mr Downey Jr on balance. For the most superficial reasons, though. So not remotely artistically valid!

8:41 am  
Blogger Claire said...

Oh and I'm delighted that your recording is underway. That gladdens a chill January...

8:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home