Sunday, December 11, 2011

Well, after an extremely concentrated effort, I am ready to be festive.

Gifts mostly bought. House tidy-ish. Wardrobe in place. Cards partly written.

And my house lacks the festive vomiting that appears to have blessed DG's abode but by my standards, it looks a little bit festive.

Accomplished principally by the retrieval of what I really hope is "my" little potted fir tree from the back garden. Poor scraggly thing - the exercise demonstrates neatly to me the value in having some cultivate these trees. As uncultivated for approx two years now, this aforementioned foliage lacks much discernible shape and most of it's lower branches. But it is fir and that will do for my low standards.

To further shove me into the festive spirit, I enjoyed a vigorous performance yesterday from the Dunedin Wind Band. It's a shame they didn't all possess the sax appeal of Mr Neill but they seemed to have fun. And I sang my first (accompanied) carols of the year. It was great fun.

So Christmas, bring it on. I'm ready.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home