Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tonight, wistfully re-reading my beloved (or rather Michel Tremblay's beloved) Solemn Mass for A Full Moon in Summer.

And get a load of this.

At one point, nine of the characters, very solemn, in unison, must say:

O moon, O blood of Christ, O moon, O blood of Christ,
In your passage across the sky. O moon, O blood of Christ,
In your passage across the sky, bring me peace. I cast
My gaze upon you. Hear me. Hear me. Pour your blood-red gaze
Upon me and hear my prayer. My life is falling apart.
My soul is in tatters. Help me. Bring me peace. O moon,
O blood of Christ. O moon, O blood of Christ, in your passage
Across the sky. O moon, O blood of Christ, in your passage
Across the sky, bring me peace.

Cast your mind back, for one second, to flash flicker burn press et al.

And that answers that, then.

1 Comments:

Blogger imw said...

Child's play compared to flash flicker burn -it more or less makes sense

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home