Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Amazing bus stop related events!

My buses home from work are diverted at the moment so I'm using different further afield bus stops for my return journey. The key thing to say here is that there are now two separate possible stops I could use so the gamble is always well which bus will come first. (Oh the stuff of my life. Such excitement!)

So I stepped off last night and spied a bus approaching and rushed towards the appropriate stop. And there was The Man At The Bus Stop. Full of the joys of spring, I crazily impulsively Spoke. And said "well twice in one day is surely too much!" Which actually was a lie as I hadn't seen him that morning as I'd taken a later bus but anyway. I can surely be forgiven in my shock. He laughed politely and clambered aboard the bus.

Back home, I was meeting a friend in the pub at the end of my street for a post-work beverage. And as we sat within, exchanging pleasantries, so miracle of miracles and strange coincidences, Man At The Bus Stop walked in. He saw me, called out "well, now you'll think I'm stalking you!" and it was my turn to laugh politely and resume my conversation.

I feared that Kate Fox's conversational barrier might be broken. But I managed to avoid speaking to him at this morning's bus stop. So I might be alright...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home