Thursday, August 14, 2008

Slick at the Traverse is brilliant fun. Puppets and actors and the cleverest set I've ever seen for a long time combine to tell the sort of slightly fantastical story that I love anyway. Do catch it if you can. But don't take your children as it's slightly saucy.

The Censor on the other end, oh my goodness, never go and see this. I feel sad for them. They're a new group from Glasgow. First show on the Fringe. Full of optimism. A great writer (Anthony Neilson). Interesting subject (when is enough censorship too much?). But no chemistry at all between the actors who needed (in some cases) to be sizzling with supressed sexual energy. It did not help that the man had a soft shrill voice that was quickly infuriating.

But the nail in its coffin (though I shouldn't be so prudish - me??!!) was what I delicately referred to in my review as a 'scatalogical moment'. I have never seen the like on stage before. Ucck. Do not do not do not go and see this. Even though the tickets are only £5. I feel a bit scarred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home